2 minute read
I was really liking my
GeekDoc Congo themed site until is wasn’t anymore. The issues I had earlier with Docsy was just the learning curve.
I really liked the simplicity of the old site, but decided to go a bit more flashy and I wanted them to match since they both represent the online character know as Opekktar Yggdrasil; It is time for a unified look.
I have also decided to move the related blogs that are part of my documentation site back to the blog section at . I only had those here so I would actually have blog entries on this web site. I just does not make sense to reference things across two different web domains, when using the exact same engine for different purposes on each.
There is still much to do on the site like compressing images for speed and fixing blog entries to correct broken links to sites, images, etc….
Ironically this theme is very Google© centric and I want to de-Google©-fy it some bit for privacy and to remove the theme introduced adds and tracking while building the functionality locally.
It is a slow process that is partly due to the fact that I should be studying for certs to get my unemployed ass working in IT again. But I also have a strong desire to fix my hosting/site mess.
I’ve decided to go ahead and post the site even though it’s crude and not even close to being finished or publishable or presentable. But it’s just a place for me to post my thoughts, so the fact that it looks like scratch paper notes taken on a dirty napkin seems fairly appropriate actually.
The old site was never finished either actually was barely started, so there is that as well.